We are glad you have chosen to register for a class with The First Tee of Tucson! There are many opportunities within our program to learn about golf skills, life skills, core values, and also to have FUN and make NEW FRIENDS! At any time if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Vicky Gonzalez or Landyn Lewis. Their respective emails are email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Now for a very frequently asked question… How do I know what class to sign up for? – See below for details:
NEW AS OF 2/1/17 — Teen Tuesdays at Randolph , Teen Fridays at El Rio & Teen Saturdays at El Rio – open to any TEENAGER, new or past members of The First Tee of Tucson.
- If your child is 5-6 years old they will be in the TARGET level. We currently only offer Target classes at our El Rio location. To view the El Rio schedule please click HERE. To register for a class at El Rio please click HERE.
- If your child is 7 or older, and this is their first session with us, they will be in the PLAYer 3 Hole level. The PLAYer 3 Hole class is offered at all of our locations. In this level, participants will learn about The First Tee 9 core values.
- After a child spends 2 sessions in the PLAYer 3 Hole level, they will advance to the PLAYer 6 Hole level, and after 2 sessions in PLAYer 6 Hole they will advance to the PLAYer 9 Hole level. These levels are broken down with the purpose of making sure each participant has multiple exposure to the core values that we are delivering to them. Once a child has completed all sessions in the PLAYer level, and is at least 9 years old they will be eligible for “certification”, to test into the PAR level. By no means will a child advance through the life skills levels purely on their golf skills. To learn more about certification please click HERE
- Once a child is at least 9 years old, and has completed the PLAYer level – they are then eligible to be a PAR participant. In the PAR level, participants will learn about “Exploring the Game”, “Five Steps for Meeting Someone New”, “Staying Cool – The 4 R’s” and “Personal Par”. After a child has been in the PAR level for a minimum of 36 hours, and is at least 11 years old, they are eligible for “certification” to test into the BIRDIE level.
- Once a child is at least 11 years old, and has completed the PAR level, they are then eligible to be a BIRDIE participant. In the BIRDIE level, participants will learn about “Dreams & Goals”, “Setting Goals that are Positive & Important to You”, “Setting Goals that are Specific & Under Your Control”, “Setting Different Types of Goals”, “Getting to Your Goal”, and “Dealing with Challenges”. After a child has been in the BIRDIE level for a minimum of 48 hours, and is at least 13 years old, they are eligible for “certification” to test into the EAGLE level.
- Once a child is at least 13 years old, and has completed the BIRDIE level, they are then eligible to be a EAGLE participant. In the EAGLE level, participants will learn about “Staying Well for Life”, “Building a Go-To Team”, “Appreciating Diversity”, “Dealing with Conflicts”, “Being a Go-To Person”, and “Planning for the Future”. After a child has been in the EAGLE level for a minimum of 60 hours and is at least 15 years old, they are eligible for “certification” to test into the ACE level.